No announcement yet.

Guideline for: [Trading] | Safety precautions / Tips to prevent being scammed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guideline for: [Trading] | Safety precautions / Tips to prevent being scammed

hello, i am mr.shovels, i am here to inform you with all the latest friendly tips on how to shield yourself from scammers, and as well as how to safely trade items without any risk of getting scammed.

Rules:

NEVER:
    1. Trading outside the Trading House (meet-ups in-person, in exchange for real money, this is illegal and breaks the rules/policy of the game)
    2. Mail Items to a "GM" or "Trusted" player (obviously a scam, no GMs would ask you for something, they are there to moderate the chat, and/or the game, not to beg to players) (Mailing items or gold to players that is said "Trusted" is total BS, yes, this is an obvious way of scamming if you really don't know the IGN or the person owning the IGN's character)
    3. Trading Gold First if asked by a "Trusted" player (Gold first? do you pay the taxi cab before you even get to your destination? no. this is an obvious scam, if you can trade the gold with the item with your dealer, then it is settled, but gold first and then the item? that's another BS, please have common sense, you don't give gold to people without the item you want)

CONSIDER TAKING PRECAUTIONS:
    1. Buying Cash Shop Items for a ratio [1 EYET: 2 Gold] (These type of transactions is pretty much arguable a scam if they say "i will gift it to you, give me your gold first" REMEMBER THAT THEY CAN PUT THE ITEM ON TH, DON'T BE STUPID, if they want gold first, do not accept the deal, wait for someone else to put your desired cash shop item on TH than being scammed)
    2. Trade via Gifting (This is risky, some players could gift you the "Skill Upgrade Heraldry" or the heraldry that increases a skill you desire to upgrade by +1 skill level, this is possible and is considered to be "Neutral" or non-illegal transactions and does not break any policy, but they will not entertain such reports if you are scammed) (Other gifted items requires precaution, it is to determine that this dealer is trusted, if you don't know the ign and if they aren't popular enough, and no one knows if they are trusted, then you should consider waiting for a chance to actually do some trade)
    3. CC BUYING FROM CC SELLERS (These people who "sells" CC codes for a fixed amount of gold pops out whenever there is an event like the surprise event from last week, since it ended just this monday, april 9th, they all have subsided, the method of transaction is that, you give them gold, tell you the CC codes, and then you input them onto your CC account to convert into EYET, which is the only possible method of purchasing EYET to buy cash shop items, it is a bit complicated but we will get there soon) ( i am not sure if this is illegal since they are providing good income for ED, and providing good service for players who are solely depending on Gold to trade in goods ingame, and does not have the money to spend, or does not want to spend money at all)
    100% RISK FREE METHODS OF TRADING INGAME:
    1. TRADING HOUSE (This is 100% safe, the Trading house is the ingame trade system of purchasing cash shop items from other players, and items from other players as well, this is the only method ingame that is legal and is not prone to any errors of trading, this is the medium to use for any type of trades, this is a very basic function ingame, and everybody enjoys using it, but since there is a difference between selling items without premium tickets and with it, this escalates the situation)
    2. TRADING WITH OTHERS (They have fixed the bug where players placing and removing items to quickly scam people, now this is a safe method of trade, not until you give out your gold because the trader said "gold first before your item" then that's their fault)
    3. PURCHASE OF CASH ITEMS TO SELL ON THE TRADING HOUSE (this is the most efficient way of helping the community, you earn gold, you respect the rules of the game, this way, whenever you want more gold, you can buy cash shop items or by shouting in via bluebird that you can purchase an item a player wants for a fixed amount of gold, they can purchase the item after you have put it on TH, since the TH has taxes, it is rather normal to add in some more gold than the said price for interests)

THOSE are all the tips that i want to share with all of you out there who are willing to read it and learn from other people's mistake, always check the forums for tips and scamming methods of players ingame to prevent yourself from being one of their victims, this is for your own good.

Anything that i miss, please do fill me with the information, and i will add it up on this topic thread.

Here is a [link] for the list or a compilation of many IGNs that are fakes/proven or attempted to scam people

Regarding CC codes selling, here is a [link] to the post by a forum member with a response from @Verbana who is a forum moderator.

Here is a [link] to a Safety Guideline by launcelot regarding Scamming/Hacking methods of scammers ingame.

ACCOUNT SELLING AND BUYING

Account selling and buying is illegal, in most cases, people are trying to sell accounts that has max level characters in order to avoid the long frustration of leveling up a character (now that it is possible to level up to the max level with the EXP boosts frequently launched in events ingame)
    either in exchange for gold, or worst, real money.

Account selling and buying is also a type of trade, but this breaks the 4th wall, believe me, this is not a good idea to try it out.

Other players include rare and valuable items on that account they are selling, this will add up to the base price for the accounts to be sold, for example:
    • The player has Wings, Tails, Decals, Necklaces, or other rare items that would be a hassle to use Trade Warranty with, or items that cannot be used with TW, they can add a fixed price for these items to add up with the base price of that account being sold
    • Base on the Gear, mostly players prefer Calypse Geared accounts, if the seller has any, it will be easily sold if the buyer can afford it, sometimes an account with just a single character that is geared to the teeth could cost as much as a high-end computer desktop set.
    • RH accounts can be sold for atleast a few thousand golds, as i have seen on certain facebook page, they could sell it for 5,000 gold depending on the number of characters in it, sometimes if there are atleast 10 maxed characters on an account and that is if theres an RH character, and all characters have unlocked all Inventory slots via the "RH" benefit of getting 30 free inventory slots on both bag and storage inventory, it could cost a lot more than that considering, it could take years before achieving such feat.

Remember, ACCOUNT SELLING AND BUYING IS ILLEGAL, IF PROVEN, THE ACCOUNT CAUGHT WOULD BE SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY WITHOUT REIMBURSEMENT OF THEIR VALUABLE ITEMS INGAME EVEN IF THEY HAVE SPENT REAL MONEY ON IT
    now i know players from the philippines always does the account buying and selling transactions happening in dn, it doesn't matter much to other players but it breaks the rules/policy in the game, this is still illegal, remember that

Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 04-16-2018, 07:28 AM.

Pls. bring back your old KAWAII profile picture (referring to Heart + Shovel with Wafu Eyes). Thanks!
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• BananaCredits
      BananaCredits commented
      Editing a comment
      Just dropping here in case some guy come and comment some BS

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      as requested, i did

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      hmmmmmmmmmmm .. no .. i miss the kawaii one.

I still dont see why people still need guides so they wont get scammed. I mean seriously, its already year 2018 and people still lacks brains? How did they even survived the outside world? How come they passed thru natural selection?

Comment

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      awwww gg kids. But arent most of those scammers kids as well?

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      this is intended for newbies who are eager to learn further than experiencing the game beforehand, players who doesn't actually visit the forums are rather lazy, or lacks the knowledge of either going into the forum, or doesn't really know what a forum is and if it does exist, still i am making this guide for other people, not just for people who are too .... you know, to even comprehend the situation, and because they like "Cheap" stuff, they rather take the risk of taking the bait, then cry afterwards.

i have been a victim of DNP scamming a long time ago, that is why i am eager to share them the knowledge i have in order to influence them on being caution when doing deals with strangers, outside trading house or outside the game.

• Vaddix
      Vaddix commented
      Editing a comment
      thats very nice and generous of you Mr.Shovels . Well, DN is free to play so we have to welcome newcomers to the game. Sadly, scammers are taking advantage of their newbieness and making new player's lives in DN such a horrible MMO experience. I should aim my irritation towards those scammers instead of the scam victims. Sadly, scammers and thieves are part of any MMO games and our daily real lives. Humanity sucks.

Gonna link your Precautions article with mine for good reference
    We all hate Scammers and Hackers. Click [HERE] to learn more about their methods.

Comment

Working...
    X